The vineyard site at Cullens was carefully chosen for its potential to produce great wine, and in particular red wine.
The flagship wines of the Cullen stable are: Sauvignon Blanc Semillon, Kevin John Chardonnay, Mangan and Diana Madeline Cabernet Sauvignon Merlot . These wines can be enjoyed now and will also benefit from cellaring.
Complimentary to the flagship wines are several other white and red wines that are released throughout the year.
* Red wines - Red wine quality is defined to a large extent by the ripeness of tannin. The wine style is framed around these fine grained tannins coaxed from grapes grown on low yielding vines.This is the theme for all Cullen red wines and gives finesse , flavour and longevity.
* White wines - The white wines at Cullen reflect a desire for purity and balance. This we believe comes from the vineyard site itself and the biodynamic philosophy to help the land reflect its best potential in the bottle.[Download Cullen Wine's Case Study Here]
In the early 1960's detailed climatic studies of various regions in Southwestern Australia revealed that during the winegrowing season, Margaret River's climate was similar to that of Bordeaux, particularly Pomerol. The conclusion that Margaret River was ideal for viticulture was first tested in Wilyabrup in 1966, when Diana and Kevin Cullen planted a trial acre of vines. The encouraging results led to the couple planting 18 acres of vines on their sheep and cattle farm in 1971.
Cullen Wines while remaining family owned has since evolved making quality wine from biodynamically grown grapes sourced exclusively from The Cullen Estate Vineyard and Mangan Vineyard.
The philosophy of Cullen Wines is to search for the best quality expression of the vineyard in the wine. The maritime climate, rocky soils, dry farming, and biodynamic practices all help to create individual and diverse winestyles which are unique to Cullen.
The Carbon Reduction Institute has conducted an audit of the greenhouse gas emissions associated with this product / service.
To learn more about the audit process and methodology, please follow these links:
To learn more about the carbon credits projects which are supported by the purchase of offsets, please follow these links:
If you have any queries or would like to contact the Carbon Reduction Institute, click here
Find a Certified Business/Service
- Advertising & Media(9)
- Boating & Marine(0)
- Building & Construction(6)
- Business Services(37)
- Cleaning Services(4)
- Clothing, Textiles & Jewellery(5)
- Computers & IT(6)
- Events & Event Services(10)
- Financal Services(8)
- Flowers & Florists(0)
- Food & Beverage(18)
- Freight & Logistics(3)
- Gifts & Novelties(11)
- Health & Beauty(6)
- Internet services(9)
- Legal Services(6)
- Mining & mining services(1)
- Promotional Products(6)
- Publishing & Books(2)
- Real Estate & Property Services(5)
- Removals & Storage(1)
- Travel Services(7)
- Wedding Services(11)